Established at the very end of the 19th century, the chapel (on the left) is clearly dated 1899. The cemetery is located on the edge of Crowlas village – just as you leave the village, eastbound on the A30 – at the end of a long, narrow lane running between open fields.
The cemetery was originally built to accommodate the wishes of non-conformists who had no desire to be interred in the grounds of the established church, St. Paul’s in Ludgvan Churchtown.
St Paul’s Cemetery
St Paul’s Churchyard, attached to Ludgvan Church, has now closed and is maintained by Cornwall Council. It was realised, early in the new millennium that it was approaching capacity for interments and steps were taken to find a new site.
Thanks to the great generosity of Mr and Mrs Higgin, a family with close associations with the parish, a plot of land adjacent to the existing church and cemetery was gifted to the Parish Council as a site for the new cemetery. The new cemetery was consecrated in 2008 by the Bishop of St. Germans.