Date(s) - 11/12/2019
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend the Monthly Meeting of Ludgvan Parish Council to be held on Wednesday 11th December, 2019 in the Oasis Childcare Centre, Lower Quarter, Ludgvan commencing at 7pm.
M J Beveridge Parish Clerk 06/12/2019
1. Apologies for absence – to receive and approve apologies for absence and note apologies not received.
- Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda – to receive Declarations of Pecuniary Interests as declared on the Register of Interests and/or Declarations of Non-registerable Interests.
- Dispensations – the Clerk will consider and report on any requests for dispensation in line with the Council’s Code of Conduct.
- Presentation on PA19/09309 – to last no longer than 10 minutes with 5 minutes for questions.
- Public Participation Period – to last no longer than 15 minutes unless agreed by the Chairman.
- Parish Council Meeting Minutes – to receive and approve the minutes of the 4-7 meeting held on Wednesday 13th November, 2019.
- Matters to Note – to receive a verbal report on any matters arising from previous minutes, not on the agenda. For information only.
- Cornwall Councillor Report – to receive report from Cllr. Elliott – to last no longer than 5 minutes unless agreed by the Chairman. For information only.
- Cornwall Council – Planning Applications – for consideration.
- (a) PA19/09309 – Construction of 5 Bungalows with Garages on Vacant Field – LandSouth West Of Evergreen Lodge Back Lane Canonstown TR27 6NF – Mr R Budrikis
- (b) PA19/06874 – Erection of a dwelling (amended design) – Land South East Of GlenCairn Ludgvan TR20 8AJ – Mr G Penrose
- (c) PA19/09766 – Change of use of agricultural land to form horse riding sand school+ associated works – Cucurrian Farm Cucurrian Ludgvan TR20 8AP – Mr P Ramsey
- (d) PA19/09833 – Creation of First Floor Amenity Area & Installation of Frosted Privacy Screen – 10 Trescoe Road Long Rock TR20 8JZ – Mr & Mrs D Roskilly
- (e) PA19/10164 – Retention of extension to dwelling – Gwel-An-Margh Ludgvan Penzance TR20 8BL – Mr And Mrs Higgins
- (f) PA19/09988 – Erection of two detached houses and associated siteworks – Omeagayne Canonstown Hayle TR27 6LU – Mr K FreerAppeals – for consideration.
- (i) PA18/11590 – Tremenheere Sculpture Garden – for comment by 17 December.
- (ii) PA19/04524 – Blowing House Hill – for comment by 17 December.
- (iii) PA19/00814 – Trink Bungalow – for comment by 18 December.Street Trading Licensing – for consideration.
- (iv) LI19/007583 – Street Trading Renewal Application – Mr K GG Davies – tocontinue trading in a layby on the A30 near Newtown roundabout/Crowlas
10. Finance Report
- (a) Payment Schedule – for approval.
- (b) Receipts – for information.
- (c) Bank Reconciliation – to note that the latest bank reconciliation has been signed.
- (d) Budget Monitoring Report – for information.
- Recruitment PanelPanel members to be appointed to shortlist on Thursday, 2nd January at 6pm and interview all day Saturday, 11th January. Venue: The Oasis.
- Allotments – to discuss and approve.
- (a) Working Party Recommendations on fees for next year.
- (b) Working Party Recommendations on other matters.
- (c) Monthly inspection re LR #7A.
- Budget 20/21 – to discuss.
Accounts & Audit Committee’s recommendations.
- Parish Council Promotional Leaflet – to consider. Cllr. Elliott’s model layout and content examples.
- Auto Speed Watch Roadside Units – to consider.
Cllr. Price-Jones’ findings re safe/permitted sites, prior to purchase.
- Climate Emergency – to consider.
- (a) Cornwall Council’s Climate Emergency Plan
- (b) Climate Change – What Can Your Council Do?
- (c) Cornwall Council – Grow Nature Toolkit – Alternatives to pesticideshttps://www.cornwall.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/grow- nature/about/alternatives-to-pesticides/
17. Clerk’s Report – updates, for information.
- (a) Community Governance Review – Draft recommendations.
- (b) Quote for Tolverth Field repairs.
- (c) Recruitment – update.
- (d) Crowlas Cemetery – Structural Surveyor’s Report.
18. Website –update on progress and approval:
- (a) Candidate Privacy Notice
- (b) Data Protection Policy
- (d) Training
- Community Emergency Plans – to receive an update on progress.
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – to receive an update on progress.
- Design Statement – to receive an update on progress.
- Affordable Housing Plan – to receive an update on progress.
- Training – to appoint Members and the Clerk to attend various courses.
- Highways, Bridleways and Footpaths – to receive reports and agree actions.
- For Information – to receive updates on any meetings attended by Members or the Clerk as representatives of the Parish Council; future dates for the diary; and any matters of interest from Members or the Clerk.
26. Correspondence – to receive and agree actions.
- (a) Strengthening police powers to tackle unauthorised encampments – GovernmentConsultation. Open to public. Consultation ends: 05/03/2020. Responses to:www.gov.uk/government/consultations/strengthening-policepowers-to-tackle- unauthorised-encampments
- (b) NALC request for Councils to let them know their views on the Consultation in (a) above, by 19th February, 2020.
- Agenda Items – to receive items for next meeting.
- Planning & Highways – For information (see attached) 33
- Correspondence – For information
- (a) Planning News for Local Councils and Agents, Autumn 2019. 34-41
- (b) Police Volunteer Vacancies. 42
- (c) Business Rates relief on Public Conveniences.
- (d) New NALC Guide to tackling loneliness. 43-44
- (e) New NALC Good Councillors Guide to Transport Planning. 45
- (f) Highways Factsheet – Winter maintenance. 46-47
- (g) Devon & Cornwall Police – Latest Alert and Scams
Documents for PA19/09309 – Back Lane, Canonstown.