Date(s) - 12/02/2020
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Oasis Childcare Centre
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend the Monthly Meeting of Ludgvan Parish Council to be held on Wednesday 12th February, 2020 in the Oasis Childcare Centre, Lower Quarter, Ludgvan commencing at 7pm.
M J Beveridge Parish Clerk 07/02/2020
1. Apologies for absence – to receive and approve apologies for absence and note apologies not received.
2. Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda – to receive Declarations of Pecuniary Interests as declared on the Register of Interests and/or Declarations of Non-registerable Interests.
3. Dispensations – the Clerk will consider and report on any requests for dispensation in line with the Council’s Code of Conduct.
4. Public Participation Period – to last no longer than 15 minutes unless agreed by the Chairman.
5. Parish Council Meeting Minutes – to receive and approve the minutes of the 4-7 meeting held on Wednesday, 8th January, 2020.
6. Matters to Note – to receive a verbal report on any matters arising from previous minutes, not on the agenda. For information only.
7. Cornwall Councillor Report – to receive report from Cllr. Elliott – to last no longer than 5 minutes unless agreed by the Chairman. For information only.
8. Cornwall Council – Planning Applications – for consideration.
(a) PA19/11293 – Construction of conservatory, addtion of bedroom window – The Holding House Trencrom Road Lelant Downs Hayle TR27 6NU – Mr A. Paroissien
(b) PA19/06874 – Erection of a dwelling (amended design) (2) – Land South East Of Glen Cairn Ludgvan Cornwall TR20 8AJ – Mr G Penrose
(c) PA20/00389 – Erection of four detached dwellings, two with intregal garages and two with seperate car ports – Rosevidney Barton Road Between Lane To Tregilliowe Farm And Gitchell Lane Rosevidney Crowlas TR20 9AZ – Mr Hosking
Appeals – for info
(i) PA19/06651 – Proposed Extension and Alterations (to accommodate elderly
family member) – Mr And Mrs Payne – Appeal lodged against Refusal
(ii) PA19/08645 – Notification for Prior Approval for a Proposed Change of Use of an
Agricultural barn into two dwellings – St Aubyn Estates – Appeal lodged against
decision that Planning Permission is Required.
(iii) PA18/11590 – Construction of timber cabin for visiting artists/wedding guests –
Tremenheere Sculpture Garden, Tolver Water Road, Long Rock – Appeal
(iv) PA19/04524 – Reserved matters in relation to outline approval PA17/08019 for
two new houses: access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale – Land NE of
Ludgvan House, Ludgvan – Appeal Allowed.
(v) PA19/00814 – Construction of self a build retirement bungalow. Alteration to
existing access. – Land NW of the Countryman, Nance, Trink – Appeal Dismissed.
9. Finance Report
(a) Payment Schedule – for approval.
(b) Receipts – for information.
(c) Bank Reconciliation – to note that the latest bank reconciliation has been signed.
(d) Budget Monitoring Report – for information.
10. Dark Skies Project – letter of support.
11. Clerk’s Report – updates, for information.
(a) Appointment of new Clerk.
(b) Community Hall (in Long Rock development) – acceptance confirmed with CC.
(c) Community Chest application successful, monies received and Thermal Imaging
(d) Tolverth Field Repairs – update.
(e) Parish logo – final approval, text.
12. Community Governance Review – updates, for information
(a) Working Party meeting with St Erth Parish Council re boundary.
(b) Community Governance Review – Stage 3 – Public Consultation at St John’s,
Penzance, Thursday, 20th February: 6-7 public drop-in, 7-9.30 public meeting.
13. Allotments – updates
(a) Vacancies – 5 allotments available at Church Hill and 2 at Long Rock.
(b) Monthly inspection re LR#7A/Inspections post tenancy.
14. Auto Speed Watch Roadside Units – to approve expenditure, subject to relevant authorisations being received.
(a) Training – to arrange date for new Clerk’s training and handover.
16. Community Emergency Plans
(a) Update on Plans
(b) Volunteer Flood Warden Taster Training Workshops – 17 March, Hayle. 8
17. Climate Emergency
(a) Working Party Meeting – update
(a) Cornwall Council Climate Change Roadmap Development Planning Document –
March consultation event, followed by events in July and December 9
18. Neighbourhood Development Plan – to receive an update on progress.
NDP signed off, following examination. Going to Referendum in 2020. Awaiting
dates and confirmation of polling stations. Consideration of next steps.
19. NDP/PC Promotional Leaflet – to consider Cllr. Elliott’s draft content promoting
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum consultation and approve expenditure.
20. Design Statement – to receive an update on progress.
(a) Cornwall Council’s Draft Design guide – consultation to 2nd March.
21. Affordable Housing Plan – to receive an update on progress.
22. Training – to appoint Members and the Clerk to attend various courses.
(a) Cornwall Council’s Code of Conduct Training 10 23. Highways, Bridleways and Footpaths – to receive reports and agree actions.
(a) LMP 2020/21
(b) St Michael’s Way – ROW inspection final section (3): Ludgvan to Gulval.
(c) Complaint of dangerous traffic in Ludgvan Square.
24. For Information – to receive updates on any meetings attended by Members or the Clerk as representatives of the Parish Council; future dates for the diary; and any matters of interest from Members or the Clerk.
25. Correspondence – to receive and agree actions.
(a) Appointment to Cornwall Council’s Standards Committee – deadline 20 February 11
(b) 2020 Off-Street Parking Order – deadline for comments 19 February at: www.cornwall.gov.uk/TrafficConsult or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
26. Agenda Items – to receive items for next meeting.
27. Planning & Highways – For information (see attached) 12
28. Correspondence – For information
(a) Planning News
(b) Village Hall Photo Competition – top prize £1,000 to the community hall and £500 to the photographer. Closing date: 15th March
(c) Western Power Annual Workshop in Wadebridge – 25th February