Covid-19 guidance for attending council meetings at the Murley Hall
Before coming to the meeting:
- Lateral Flow Test – and check that you test negative. Everyone attending (councillors, staff and public) are strongly encouraged to take a lateral flow test before coming to the meeting. These tests are available free of charge, from local collection points and posted direct to your door – https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests (These tests can be taken twice a week on a regular basis and form part of the national plan to protect against spread of the coronavirus. Note that a negative test means that you do not have a high viral load, the usual covid-19 precautions should continue to be followed.
- Wash your hands
- Remember to bring a face covering
- Think – do you need to attend the meeting in person, or could your question / comment be sent to the council by email, letter or telephone.
When attending the meeting:
- You MUST NOT enter if you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms – ie one or more of the three main symptoms:
- high temperature
- new, continuous cough
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You must give your name and contact tel/email for inclusion on the register for the meeting. This information will be held for 21 days and may be used for covid-19 track and trace purposes. After 21 days the register will be destroyed
- You must notify the clerk if you develop covid-19 symptoms within 10 days of attending the meeting
- Keep 2 metres social distancing as far as possible. Where there are floor markings, follow them. Follow the one-way system
- Use the hand sanitiser provided – when you enter and leave the premises. Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your face, nose or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
- Face coverings MUST be worn unless an exemption applies (eg for health reasons, age, or a reasonable excuse in line with legal requirements)
- Catch it, Bin it – tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bins provided. Then wash your hands
- Wear warm clothing – windows and/or doors will be open for the duration of the meeting.