The following are decisions that have been taken by the Clerk as Proper Officer of the council under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation as a result of the Coronavirus Bill 2020 and associated Government Restrictions. The Register is made in accordance with the 2014 Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations.
Further details can be requested from the Clerk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information exempted under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the General Data Protection Regulations marked * will not be published.
|date of decision||ref no||decision taken by||financial value||s.137?||details|
|14 May 2020||LPC014||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no|
Pension scheme arrangements.
The council to continue to use the NEST pension scheme, with employer contributions to continue at existing level. The parish council to start a salary sacrifice option, and any employer savings from reduced NI contributions to be paid into the pension scheme.
|14 May 2020||LPC013||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£4,203.61 – in line with budgeted expense except the grave digging (ref. LPC 002)||no||Schedule of payments|
The payments to be made:
L Dowe (Clerk’s salary) £1,322.63
L Dowe (Clerk’s expenses) £52.00
HMRC (PAYE tax and NI) £508.22
Rialtas Business Solutions Ltd (moving accounts software to new laptop) £30.00
Joseph Beard (grave digging) £1,880.00
Viking (office supplies) £88.54
South West Water (water charges, Ludgvan cemetery) £16.01
South West Water (water charges, Church Hill Allotments) £306.21
|14 May 2020||LPC012||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no||A30 Improvements needed|
Agreed to upload the council’s position statement to the parish council website, and for the calls for action to be sent to Highways England and Cornwall Council
|14 May 2020||LPC011||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£150 for Zoom licence||no||Arrangements for remote meetings of the parish council, and amendment to standing orders.|
Remote meetings to be held from 10 June 2020, based on using Zoom (Teams and other options may be trialled also) and the intention is to live-stream meetings, with public speakers to be issued with invitations to the Zoom meeting, for the public speaking period only. Public speaking requests to be made in advance of the meeting, with at least 24 hours notice, the Clerk to be notified of the purpose for speaking. Zoom invitations to be issued to speakers on agenda items only.
Standing Orders to be amended to allow for remote meetings to be held in this way, based on the amendments circulated with the reports to councillors.
|14 May 2020||LPC010||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||aiming to achieve for £4,800. Council approval for up to £5,775||no||IT equipment and licences for all parish councillors:|
1. the council to purchase a device (laptop or tablet) and subscription to Office 365 Business Premium for each parish councillor
2. the devices to be laptops as keyboards will aid use (aiming for each device to cost less than £300)
3. 12 devices to be purchased (anticipating co-options in near future, benefits of compatible devices and configurations)
4. Reserves to be used to fund the devices and subscriptions in this financial year
|22 April 2020||LPC009||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no||Pension scheme|
The clerk will be auto-enrolled into the council’s existing NEST pension scheme. Clarification will be sought on the employers contribution rate.
|22 April 2020||LPC008||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£4,492.44||no||Payments to be made:|
CALC subscription £1,095.12
Simon Rhodes (works to the Square, Ludgvan) £200
L Dowe (March salary and expenses) £1,405.15
HMRC (March salary, PAYE and NIC) £667.40
L Dowe (refund for office equipment costs) £1,124.77
|22 April 2020||LPC007||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no||Cornwall Council consultation – biodiversity net gain. The parish council will express concern that this was not an appropriate time to carry out a public consultation and to request that it be deferred. Individual councillors may respond to the consultation in their individual capacity.|
|22 April 2020||LPC006||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£1,144.12||no||Approved annual subscriptions: |
|22 April 2020||LPC005||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no||Decision making and virtual meetings. Deferred pending further consultation. A majority were in favour of purchasing laptops and software for all parish cllrs. Further consultation on:|
– preference for laptops or tablet devices
– number of devices to be purchased
– logistics for proposed virtual meetings
– approval for use of funds from reserves (for ratification at next council meeting)
– proposed protocols
– participation of the press and public in virtual meetings
|22 April 2020||LPC004||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||budgeted expenditure||no||Public footpaths maintenance and grass-cutting in cemeteries. Contractors to be asked to carry out works in line with usual schedules, building in social distancing precautions and ensuring safe working practices.|
|22 April 2020||LPC003||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£400||yes||Parish council measures in response to COVID-19 pandemic. |
1. the council will contribute to the costs of printing and distributing the leaflet to each household in the parish (sharing costs with CC Ward Member producing it)
2. Anticipated costs of up to £400 for the leaflet costs, to be allocated from Reserves, noting that 50% of the costs will come from the CC Ward Member Community Chest.
3. The council will hold and distribute the pre-paid supermarket cards, to be purchased by the CC Ward Member from their Community Chest Fund. The cards to be allocated by cllrs Mann, Parker and Elliott, and that a confidential record will be maintained by the cllrs, should this be needed for audit purposes.
|9 April 2020||LPC002||Clerk, following consultation with the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Cllr Elliott||£1,400 plus waste disposal estimated at £480||no||Cemeteries – covid-19 precautions. Decision to contract a grave digger to excavate and then backfill 6 graves each at St Paul’s and Crowlas cemeteries, in line with advised practice across Cornwall|
|8 April 2020||LPC001||Clerk, following consultation with all Cllrs||£0||no||Emergency Operational Policy and Scheme of Delegation. Adoption of council policy to enable council decision making and transparency to contine.|