Author Archives: Louise Dowe

Chapel at Crowlas Cemetery – expressions of interest invited

At Crowlas Cemetery there is a chapel building which has been largely disused for many years. The parish council owns the building and intends to bring it back into good repair. Part of the renovation plan includes exploring other potential uses for the building and so the council is inviting Expressions of Interest, to be submitted to the parish council before 5pm, Friday 29 October 2021.

Expressions of Interest to be emailed to the clerk to the parish council at email:, using the documents below:

Invitation to submit Expression of Interest – details for applicants

Expression of Interest Form.

The Expression of Interest Form can be downloaded, filled in, saved, and then emailed to the clerk.

If possible, please print, sign, scan and return. If this is not possible, then un-signed expressions of interest will be accepted.

Footpath users – we want your views!

Footpaths and Rights of Way – review of foopath cutting 2021

The parish council cut the network of rights of way (footpaths and bridleways) in the Ludgvan Parish. This work is carried out on behalf of Cornwall Council under an agency agreement. The parish council receives a grant for this work and aims to make the best use of the money available, to keep as much of the path network open to a good standard, as possible.

We are currently carrying out a review, thinking about each path and considering whether it is being cut the right amount. Some may need to be cut more often, others might leave you wondering why they are cut at all.

Let us know your views by joining in with the online survey at this link:

Cancelled – NDP meeting on 7 July 2021

The council had hoped to hold an open public meeting on 7 July at 7pm, to present the referendum version of the Ludgvan Neighbourhood Plan and to answer any questions.

The meeting has had to be cancelled and is not expected to be possible to be rescheduled before the referendum on 15 July 2021.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The neighbourhood plan documents are all available online on this website, and on the Cornwall Council website – at this link:

Paper copies of the neighbourhood plan are available to view in Hayle, St Ives and Penzance public libraries.

6 July 2021

Open Meeting – Neighbourhood Plan Referendum – CANCELLED

There will be an open meeting on Wednesday 7 July at 7.00pm, to be held at Ludgvan Parish Church.

This meeting has been CANCELLED. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

This will be a chance for residents of the parish to learn more about the draft Neighbourhood Plan before the referendum to be held on Thursday 15 July 2021.

To learn more about this, the most local level of planning policy for the parish, come along to the open meeting.

Click here for the meeting agenda and information.

Note that covid safety precautions will be in place, including the wearing of face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitising and a limit on the total number of people able to attend.

Referendum day – Thursday 15 July 2021

Ludgvan parish’s Neighbourhood Plan will be put to the vote on Thursday 15 July.

Poll cards have been sent out already (if you have not received yours, then contact Cornwall Council’s elections office to check if you need to register to vote).

The Neighbourhood Plan document is available to read online – click here to view the Neighbourhood Plan, referendum version.

For an overview of the referendum process, click here.